When people come to our office, they typically associate our offerings with enhancements for the face. However, our experienced team of clinicians is highly-trained in making every part of the body enhanced and refreshed…including hands!
As we age, signs of hyperpigmentation and loss of volume can give away your age. To help restore lost volume in the hands, we use a dermal filler called Radiesse! Currently, Radiesse is the only FDA-approved filler to safe and effectively correct lost volume in hands. Here is what our process looks like:
1. Prior to the appointment, we ask our patients to consider taking arnica tablets to help minimize bruising.
2. We apply a topical numbing cream to minimize any discomfort from the injection.
3. Once the Radiesse in injected, we massage the product into the desired areas.
4. Patients will notice more fullness instantly, but full results take 2-3 weeks. This is because the filler stimulates your body’s own natural collagen production.
5. As always with dermal fillers, common side effects include mild swelling, tenderness and bruising that will subside in 3-5 days. Following the treatment, we recommend that our patients avoid certain medications such as aspirin.
6. Hand rejuvenation can last up 12-18 months, and even longer in some patients.
If you’re interested in more youthful, smoother hands, contact us today to see how our team at Cosmetic Enhancement Center can help you!