The majority of Americans don’t take care of their skin properly. Many common skin problems such as blackheads, wrinkles, acne, and dry skin are easily preventable with a little bit of care. If you’re having skin problems, try some of these maintenance tips to help improve your appearance:
- Use sunscreen. This simple tip is one that doctors repeat constantly, yet many people fail to heed. If you want to prevent or slow the appearance of wrinkles, nothing is more useful than sunscreen. Even better, sunscreen doesn’t have to be expensive, and it’s considerably less expensive than wrinkle creams!
- Don’t smoke. Smoking narrows the blood vessels in your outermost layer of skin, which depletes the skin of nutrients and moisture it needs to look young.
- Use moisturizer. The best time to use moisturizer is right after the shower so your skin can absorb it while your pores are open. Bathing can strip skin of natural oils, and these need to be replenished. Simply pat your skin dry and apply. For double-duty, use a moisturizer that includes sunscreen.
- Water. Water is essentially the fountain of youth. The more water you drink, the more moisturized your skin is. This will inevitably make you look and feel healthier.
- Exfoliating. Exfoliating your skin will help it absorb sunscreens and moisturizer. It will also get rid of dead skin cells, making your skin look brighter and preventing an uneven tone.
- Use the right kind of cleansers. While bar soap may work well enough for the body, it’s definitely not a good choice for your face because of how harsh it is. It’s best to go with a facial cleanser to keep your skin looking young and smooth.
If you’re looking for additional assistance with helping your skin look and feel its best, contact us at Cosmetic Enhancement Center for additional information!