While the name “microdermabrasion” might sound a bit frightening, the actual process is essentially painless and requires minimal recovery time. It can be a wonderful procedure for those looking for specific results.
What is Microdermabrasion?
While dermabrasion can be a major procedure designed to help burn victims and those with large birthmarks attain clearer skin, microdermabrasion is a much less intense process.
Microdermabrasion uses small crystals that an expert sprays against the skin in order to change its look and feel. It works on all skin tones. The only side effects are slight reddening of the skin. There is no anesthesia required, and the redness is gone after 24 hours for most.
The Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion has many different benefits, including:
- Painless. As mentioned above, microdermabrasion doesn’t require topical pain medication. Most patients experience a slight stinging sensation from the crystals, but the feeling is not intense.
- Fast. Those who like instant results will like microdermabrasion. Most treatments take less than a half-hour. The number of sessions needed depends on your skin type and the results you’re trying to ultimately achieve.
- No preparation is necessary. Those who can’t afford to take time off work or spend more time on their beauty procedures than necessary will also like microdermabrasion. You can fit a session in whenever it suits your schedule.
- Clean pores. Ongoing microdermabrasion treatment will provide you with cleaner pores, which means fewer battles with blackheads and acne. These results are best seen with time.
- Reduced scarring. If you’re the type who was a pimple-squeezer when you were younger, you might have a few scars to show for it. Microdermabrasion is a great way to lessen or eliminate these scars.
Microdermabrasion is an easy option to improve the look and feel of your skin with a non-invasive procedure. If you’re looking to learn more about microdermabrasion, check out our microdermabrasion services at Cosmetic Enhancement Center!